Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Whole New World!

On Friday when I met my mom to pick Baker up from her stay with GiGi, Popi, Uncle T and Nick, my mom mentioned how shocked I would be to see how well Baker was crawling. Well, I just kinda brushed it aside because grandparents tend to think their grand kids are great at everything. When we arrived home that afternoon, I called my mom with fear in my voice. Baker was EVERYWHERE. There was no stopping her! How will I keep up with her and most importantly protect her? Of course she goes for the most dangerous things such as outlets and anything with a cord. My life with Baker has changed in just one week. Gone are the days of putting her down on the floor while I finished up a few things. My eyes and ears are on high alert with no break. I'm dreading the day she gets her 1st bump on the head.

The bigger Baker is getting, the more protective Kota is of her. Kota was standing at the sliding glass door barking at us because we left him in. When I let him out, he immediately went and stood by her side. When we're in her room playing, he sits out by her door, guarding it.

I have made a "safe shelf" for Baker. Anytime she's in the kitchen she has a pot, spoon, ball and other toys she can play with. It's her own little shelf of fun!


Yes!! After a few minutes of whining, I did notice that her foot was caught in the drawer.






Here's video of Baker on the move!


No comments: